It goes without saying that the injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents are most often devastating and can change the life of the injured party and his or her family in an instant. Due to the physical exposure as well as the smaller size of the vehicle, catastrophic injuries are often the result of a motorcycle accident, regardless of whether the motorcyclist was wearing a helmet. These injuries commonly include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Brain and head injury
- Multiple fractures and broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Skin lacerations
- Face disfigurement
- Nerve damage
- Wrongful death
Motorcycle accidents occur for a number of reasons, but many times they are the result of negligence on the part of other drivers, weather conditions that cause decreased visability or slick roads or unsafe lane changes. Other times, they involve DUI/DWI, hit and runs or even design defects of motorcycles.
Our attorneys understand the timeliness of pursuing legal action and can assist you in all areas of that process, including:
- Corresponding and negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf
- Obtaining and reviewing accident reports and conducting interviews
- Conducting vehicle and accident scene inspections and collecting photos
- Collecting all documentation—lost wages, medical bills, etc.—necessary to deliver the full compensation you are owed
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, give us a call to discuss your options for legal action. Our consultation is free, and we’re only paid for personal injury cases when a recovery is made.